Car T Cell

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 12 subscribers

My husbands Lymphoma has not responded to r-ice and r-chop, he has done so well now fighting for a year and staying quite strong physically  but the bloody thing keeps spreading. He has been given the go ahead to Car T cell therapy, his cells are presently in America and they plan to start treatment on th 13th of Feb, anyone else had this treatment??

• Hi  and welcome.

We actually have a number of folks in our very supportive Stem cell transplants for blood cancers group who are on the CAR-T journey.

Just follow the link I have created then hit the ‘Join This Group’ tab just under the main group name, then go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab and set up your very own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group.

You can also look in the discussions section in the SCT Group to see the various CAR-T threads or use the search tool in the SCT Group to sketch CAR-T.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Many thanks

• Hi there, do you have any update on this?

• Actually, I've recently learned about that chemotherapy may be used alone or combined with radiation therapy depending on the stage and subtype of Hodgkin lymphoma, andThe stem cell transplant therapy may be also an option if the disease reemerges from this page about Lymphoma. However, I am not a scientist, i can't understand these professional term. Hopefully, you could give some experienced advices on Car T cell therapy. Many thanks!

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the community. This is an old thread and it looks like the member may have moved in from the site.

I help out around our various Lymphoma groups so am happy to help as best as I can…. to give you an understanding of my journey you can hit the link to my story at the bottom of my post.

In the UK the go-to source of good reliable information is from the Lymphoma Action website. Lymphoma Action is the only UK Lymphoma Specific Charity who have lots of good reliable information, videos etc.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks, , I don't even notice the time of this thread. And I'll check the Lymphoma Action website to see if I can find something useful. Take care!

• There have been a few folks on the Community go through CAR-T so if you put CAR-T into the search tool Mag near the top and select 'anywhere' you will find all the older posts and do reply as some of the members may still be looking in.

I have had 2 Allo (donour) Stem Cell Transplants...... and so far so good.

The following link will take you to the Lymphoma Action info on CAR-T 

Always around to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge