CLL

• 6 replies
  • 22 subscribers

I am newly diagnosed with CLL. At the moment I am just having regular blood tests with the first test after diagnosis due at the end of the month 

I am just not sure what to expect if / when it progresses from stage 1

• Hi I was diagnosed Sept 2020. I was told they are doing a 'watch n wait'. But September this year I started treatment. Everyone is different  though it will depend on your bloods ànd symptoms hope you are getting the support you need 

• Thanks for your reply. What treatment are you having ?9if you don’t mind me asking) i shall wait and see what the blood tests show.

• I'm on obinutuzumab and venetoclax both have side affects that also effect people differently I'm here if you need any support 

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community although always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike  and I help out around our blood cancer groups.

I don’t have CLL but was diagnosed way back in 1999 with a rare incurable but treatable type of skin NHL Stage 4a and although my blood cancer ‘type’ is different I understand this journey rather well unfortunately.

Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (CLL) and small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL). CLL and SLL are different forms of the same illness. They are often grouped together as a type of slow-growing (low-grade or indolent) non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

You may want to check out Lymphoma Action, a small but very active UK Lymphoma Specific Charity who have lots of good information, videos and run regular regional online Lymphoma support groups and indeed a very great Lymphoma Buddy Service.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for this. Good to know support is out there 

• Hi, I am new here, I was diagnosed with CLL in July 2019, I'm also on Watch & Wait, 6 monthly blood tests and sometimes a follow up with the Doctor, it is my understanding, that you can be on W&W for some time, but everyone is different.  Wishing you good luck with your blood test - hopefully, all will be ok, and further blood test in 6 months.