Dripping eyes anyone?

• 2 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hi there I'm 55 years old and had a diagnosis of CML in may this year. I'm currently on 400 mg of Imatinib, Apart from tge obvious tiredness that goes with the medication etc my eyes are constantlBlushdripping with a sticky fluid. I've gained weight and have peri orbital edema which is kind of better than it was but the blurry vision and constant running eyes are a real issue for me. I use coldBlushea bags on them for the pain/gritty feeling and that's miles better than the prescribed medication which is useless. However the constant running of liquid is a problem, especially when I work on Blushtwo screen monitor for my job. Any help would be absolutely fabulous! Thank you Blush

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups.

I don’t have CML but I was diagnosed back in 1999 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of NHL Stage 4a so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I know this journey rather well.

I had a completely different treatment journey with different drugs and yes, I did have various problems with my eyes. Like yourself I got various meds/eye washes that helped a little……. but I found using simple saline water regularly using an eye bath worked well for me.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

For good information do check out Leukaemia Care UK who produce very good information and run various support platforms including their Buddy Scheme, they also have a Support Line on 08088 010 444

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge