Cervical cancer surgery menopause

• 15 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi I am new to the group just joined today I have cervical cancer and hov had cancer treatment and had majoy radical hysterectomy I am ready struggling with the surgery menopause is anyone eles struggling with this and there cervical cancer I found out during covid 2021 about my cervical cancer and last year I found out I was given the wrong five smear test for thr last ten years so I have been told I am very lucky ti be alive as I had cervical cancer from 2014 not 2021 when I was first told has this happen ti anyone eles I ready struggling with all off this 

• 100 Sarah I had treatment then surgery then I had ti get more treatment I had treatment now fir three years its thought going snd I need two more surgery the sooner the better so I can try on with my life x

• That’s a lot of treatment to have to go through. Did you need to have chemo or chemoradiation after your hysterectomy? What kind of surgeries do you still need to have? 

It might be helpful for you to complete your profile details so that people will be able to see your story and you won’t get asked the same questions by everyone. You can do this by clicking on your name, adding the details and pressing save. You can read others’ stories if they have completed their profile details by clicking on their name. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks a lot I didt know that I had to get brathythendy cancer treatment it's fir cervical cancer and neck cancer and I have ti get teo more surgery on my private area ti try get rid off the hpv and they fixed my private area as I had some off my private are rented aswell and I now getting treatment for my bun and hpv that's going to be for ten years now so I not getting a break yet thanks I just update my details cc 

• Hi  

I do apologise but I’m finding it quite difficult to understand from your post just exactly what you mean.

This is where it can be useful to put information in your profile about actual treatment and surgeries and what they’re called, to make things easier to understand for others. For example, you say you are having surgery to get rid off hpv, but surgery or treatment can only get rid of areas such as abnormal cells caused by hpv, and not the virus itself-which surgery doesn’t remove.

Do you mean you had treatment for abnormal cells still present after your hysterectomy? Did you have brachytherapy alone, or after chemo and radiation? And what exactly is the 10 year treatment you are facing? I’ve not heard of this before.

It will be easier for others to help if you can update your profile, and explain a little more if you’re able to do that.

Sarah xx 

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Sarah yes I update my details later when I get back from the hospital so I forget the name off the surgery but basically I not habe mich off a bun or private are left after the surgery the treatment is for ten years fir my hpv and my hpv skin tags so that's what I have been told by my cancer doctor I had the treatment already for thr last three years thanks