HRT after cancer treatment

• 5 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Can HRT cause pain in one breast under nipple?. I finished treatment a year ago. Started menopause at 33 had a radical hysterectomy followed by chemo, radiotherapy and brachytherapy. I am on oestrogen pessary and patches. Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thank you

• Hi  and welcome to our group.

I’m sorry to read you are experiencing some breast pain on HRT. The best person to ask about this would be your CNS or your gp.

While other ladies can share their experiences of being on HRT in the group, none of us are medical professionals, so wouldn’t be able to give advice on what might be normal or something that needs to be investigated. I think it’s always best to check out any symptom or pain which is new for us to get reassurance, or a further check up. Hope you can get some answers soon and it’s nothing serious.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Sarah, thank you for your reply. I've been left with so many side effects from the treatments I don't know my own body anymore. 

I will get it checked but I just wondered if anyone else as had this issue before  x

• Hopefully some of the other ladies on HRT now will reply-I was post menopausal at diagnosis so don’t have the right experience to share with you. Have you been checked out for any of the lasting side effects you’ve experienced? 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Hi Sarah

It was 16years ago aged 33 when I started the menopause. I was 48 at diagnosis so too post- menopause. I am under different clinics for the side effects I have. My main consultant has been amazing referring me to the rights clinics.

• Oh my goodness, that’s so young to have gone through all that…I’m glad you’ve got a good consultant to get referrals to the right places and hope that’s helping you.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum