CIN3 & pregnancy

• 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

I was diagnosed with HPV years ago, I had a colp years ago & it came back CIN 1 & just did a check up every 6 months, after a couple years it would come back neg. so we switched to yearly check ups. Here it is years later & my pap came back positive, did a colp & it came back CIN3. they are wanting to do a LEEP. My husband & I are trying to get pregnant but everything I have read it can cause issues with pregancies/ getting pregnant. does anyone have any experience in this? I'm torn to just wait til we can have a baby or should I do the LEEP now & risk having issues? My emotions are all over the place & i'm struggling.

Thank you in advance.

• Hi  and welcome to our group.

I hope you won’t mind me replying as I don’t have the experience you are looking for, but maybe some other ladies will be able to respond and share with you their experiences. 

It would be standard in a situation with CIN3 to offer treatment as these are the most serious form of precancerous cell changes, and least likely to regress naturally. I’m not sure what sources you are using to find out more about this in relation to a future pregnancy, but perhaps using a resource like Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust forum might give you more information and let you connect with others in the same situation. There are many stories there of successful pregnancies following treatment which might help you focus on the potentially positive outcomes after treatment.

I hope that this might help in your decision making. Most of the ladies in this group have had a cancer diagnosis, so you may not find there are many facing the same situation as yourself,, but if there are, they might hopefully respond here.it will be a very personal decision for you to make, but I wish you all of the best in taking that next step.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you so much! I will check out the Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust Forum!