Bladder

• 4 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I have been given NED in feb 2023 and things still looking ok. 
however I have been in severe pain in my lower pelvic area. 
been to &e and they have said it is my bladder that is very inflamed and irritated. 
apparently this can be a side effect from having radiotherapy. Even so for ahead after treatment.

just wondered if anyone else had had anything like this xx

• Hi  

Sorry to read you’re having some ongoing issues-although I haven’t had this myself, it can be a possible consequence of pelvic radiotherapy even long after treatment has finished. Did you have a scan when you went to A&E? I also wondered when your next follow up appointment is scheduled for, as I would definitely be mentioning your pain levels so far out from treatment.

There is an organisation which can give you more information pelvic radiation disease if you’d like to read up some more about it and see if it might match how you’re feeling at www.prda.org.uk

If any of the other ladies have had the same types of issue, I hope they’ll be along to post. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Sarah! 
    thank you so so much. I have emailed my macmillan nurse today and my consultant as they have mentioned in the past about being referred if my bladder plays up! 
    I will definitely take a look at that website thank you so much for your help. 
    my next appointment is October but a telephone appointment and my next scan is February 2025 xx

• Hi  

I’m glad you’ve contacted your team-it may be that they want to have you in for a check rather than just have your scheduled phone appointment. I think I’d also be asking if a scan now would be a good idea rather than waiting till next year.

Although your problems might be caused by late onset radiation effects, I think it would be a good idea to confirm that’s the case, rather than anything else going on.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks Sarah yes I completely agree. Christie’s have been amazing and I’m sure they will sort me out. 
    I started the antibiotics yesterday and so far the pain has eased xx