Post Treatment Update

• 13 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi Ladies... just a quick update with scan results...away in Cornwall at the moment but had PET CT and MRI and both showed no sign of active cancer which is awesome!  The earlier chest CT showed a small area of scarring on the lung but the Oncologist said it is not worrying but they will scan again in three months so fingers crossed, these are pretty cool results...Good luck to those waiting on  results xxx

• Hi Julie

This is fantastic news-so pleased for you having such excellent results! You can relax and enjoy Cornwall, and I hope you have a fabulous time. 

it’s great to read such a lovely, positive story this morning. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks Sarah it is fantastic news.  I hope you're doing well and staying healthy and happy. Also I went back to work last week, just starting at 4 hours a day.  They have been so supportive and I received such a warm welcome back.  I will try 5 hours a day when I get back from holiday but that may be all I can manage for now, but hey we'll see. It's great to have some sense of normality and structure back,.  Stay well Sarah xxx

• Gosh, Julie-that’s amazing! It’s lovely to have supportive colleagues, and good to ease back into things. I do miss work-I loved my job, but the commute would be impossible for me now and the days too long. I had to accept some time ago that I’d never work again, and in general I’m quite happy to be retired, although it’s lonely and I miss the company and earning a salary. It’s tough not having money coming in and not being entitled to any financial help. 

I bet the normality of routine is good too. Take it easy and don’t push yourself too hard, but well done! 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Hi Sarah! I know exactly what you mean. It is a very lonely road we travel and I don't know what I would have done without all the support I have from my partner and everyone around me.  I know I am very lucky and also with work but Sarah you do such amazing work on here and I know I speak for everyone when I say how much we all appreciate everything you do.  You are truly an amazing and selfless lady. Thank you again for all your support... Lovely weather today so we have had a very lazy day sitting out in the sun with a glass or two!  Hope you are enjoying the lovely weather xxx

• Thank you so much for those kind words,Julie, I really appreciate them! I felt that joining here would give me a focus and I could hopefully help people based on my own experiences and what I’ve learned over the years. 

Then I discovered that there wasn’t a community champ for this group and while other ladies were kindly stepping in and helping from other groups it seemed a bit rudderless in a way. One of my lovely champ friends encouraged me to do the training and I plucked up the courage and here we are!

This group, and being part of the community, has honestly helped me massively. I’ve got to know great people and I hope always that I can make a difference. I had a really strong feeling last year that I should use my experiences for good-it was really strange, like a voice in my head almost telling me to use my life now to help others and learn. So I set up my Facebook group for ladies undergoing the same surgery and joined here. And I’ve not looked back! 

Another gorgeous day here-so I will be out in the garden later. I started some weeding yesterday but then we sat out with a drink later and it was so nice. I’m just going to tackle the weeding a bit at a time as I find bending very difficult and I get tired and bored easily! Have a lovely day.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Tee hee, I can so relate to gardening boredom! In fact I bought a wooden sign a couple of years ago that read "Gardening....so exciting i wet my plants......."  I love to see gorgeous gardens but I don't have the patience...so well done you for persevering . It is a good reason  to get out In the sun and I hope you've had another lovely day out in the sunshine.  What lovely weather we are having.  Enjoy what is left of the good weather and happy solstice xxx

• ...and I'm so glad for all of us that you devote much of your time to us in these forums.  Bless you xxx

• You’re so welcome Julie! It gives me a purpose.

So lucky to have another beautiful day to enjoy-feeling a bit more motivated to do some gardening today. I’m usually terrible at procrastinating when it’s not something I actually enjoy, but I want to appreciate the results of it! We have a load of rubbish to be taken away after a big clear out so we have a chap coming to do that this afternoon which is another incentive. One of my cats is currely enjoying a nice snooze in the sun-good for her old bones, just like it is for me. Have a lovely day. Sunglasses

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Hi Sarah, back from holiday and feeling much relaxed and really quite healthy!Grin  Had a very good time even though  the weather broke towards the end but we were moved to a spot in the campsite that had zero reception!  Hope you're doing well xxx 

• Morning Julie

Glad to hear you had a lovely holiday and are feeling re charged! I’m doing ok thanks. My daughter and her partner have gone camping in the lakes this week so I’m hoping to get a call if they have a good signal. But they’ll be in their tent! I’m too old for that lark now! Joy

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum