New here

• 4 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi I am caring for my sister who has secondary breast cancer the cancer has spread to her bones and liver and she has just started on chemotherapy tablets and was wondering if these tablets cause patients to sleep for the last few days my sister has only been awake about 5 hours a day I am not sure if this is normal 

• Hi Sisterlove2024

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear about your sister's diagnosis.  While  I don't have an answer for you I noticed that you haven't had any replies yet so I thought I'd reply to you to welcome you to the community.  I suggest that you also join the Family and Friends forum to get support from family members whose loved ones have cancer.  Here the link to that forum: Family and friends forum. 

Hopefully you will get an answer soon to your question.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi

Sorry to hear about your sisters diagnosis i live with secondary breast cancer and while on my chemotherapy I did sleep a lot but if you are concerned there is a macmillan help line who can help you we all react differently to medication but for me sleeping a lot was a thing

I do wish you and your sister well x  

• Thank you for your reply I rang the doctor and he changed her medication and the next day she was like a new person out of bed laughing and joking and today she has not been out of bed so I guess it is a day at a time.I hope things are going well for you I do appreciate your good wishes xx

• Hi There 

that’s great news having cancer is like a roller coaster the first year I was so up and down I have learnt to really appreciate the good days x