Concerns about current treatment plan

• 1 reply
  • 25 subscribers

I've been diagnosed in 2020 with mets in liver, spine, maybe lungs following 14 years clear from primary breast cancer. Had lumpectomy, lymph node removal, chemo, radiotherapy and 5 years tamoxifen.

Started Palbo /letrozole in September 2020 but scan in April showed progression so onc stopped that treatment. Was also on Denosumab from 2021 until February this year but it was stopped as I needed dental treatment. I've been on 25mg Exemestane since May but that's all. Onc has said he might start me on Capectibane but he wanted a CT scan first. My scan was supposed to be in May and I've only got it yesterday. I'm just worried that I'm not on sufficient treatment and have concerns that the progression will have grown a lot without being on a chemo drug. Also on Adcal 750mg twice a day. 

• Hi Sas, I can appreciate how you feel! It is scary when there seems to be no treatment. I was on exemestane on its own for eight years and believe my secondaries were kept in hibernation. It was aFingers crossed tone1 I stopped that they started to appear. I hope your scan is reassuring Fingers crossed tone1