Fulvestrant and abemaciclib

• 4 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi I have been offered the above drugs to treat my inoperabler secondsry breast cancer,  does anybody else hsve experience with these two drugs as I am a bit reluctant to go on them. any comments would be appreciated as at the moment I am feeling well and am loathe to make myself ill again.

• Hi I don't have experience of these drugs but if you put the names of them in the search bar you will find posts made my others that might help you.  You can also try messaging those ladies as they might still be on this forum.  If you do message someone add @ infront of their name, wait for the drop down box to appear and then select their name.  That way they should be notified that someone is messaging them.

You should also try posting in just the Breast Cancer forum as that one is probably more active.  Click HERE

• Hi dorothy1 … I have been offered these 2 drugs today. Just wondered if you started them and how it’s all going?

• Hi, been on them for a few months now, just had my 3rd cycle and due for a CT scan middfle of March, side effects are annoying, the injections make my legs ache and have put paid to my favourite occupation which has always been walking and the tablets make me extremely tired which as I've always been an active person is frustrating, I've decided I'll wait for the CT results, if it is making a positive difference then I'll continue but otherwise I'm stopping treatment, for me it comes down to quality of life rather than quantity, but you may of course find the treatment suits you, we are all different as are our cancers so don't let my experience put you off trying it, stay positive asnd give it a go, after all there are other options if you decide its not for you.  The best of luck and let me know how it goes. x

• Thanks for your honesty dorothy1. Appreciate it and hope it is making a positive difference for you x