Sister with Stage 4 BC and secondary Bone cancer

• 6 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Hi,

very new here and we are only 3 days into diagnosis, my sister is 42 with 2 beautiful daughters with the youngest being just 7. Has anyone had this diagnosis and on the other side living and thriving in life? I need hope so much, but I’m also a realist. I don’t know if I will be able to get what I’m hoping for from this forum but i just need to know that there is hope x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can totally understand why you'd want to find hope after discovering that your sister has breast cancer which has spread to her bones.

As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups so I hope you don't mind me recommending that you also join and post this message in the secondary breast cancer group, as you'll then connect directly with others who have this type of cancer to ask questions, share experiences and get support.

To join the group, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could pop something about your sister's diagnosis and any treatment she's had into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you latchbrook 

• Hello and I’m sorry you have found yourself on here. I’m 43 with secondary breast cancer and living life to the full. My youngest daughter is 5. I had 18 weeks of chemo and I’m now on a targeted therapy called phesgo. I’ve been told to treat it like a chronic illness and not a death sentence. The treatments available now are amazing. Lots of hugs to your sister. And I’m sure once a treatment plan is in place your sister will feel better. Stay positive and take care xxx

• Hello! I was diagnosed aged 38, with young kids. I’m HR positive and de novo, two years on I’m still on my first line of treatment. 
    I’m blessed to have few side effects from my treatment and have managed to remain active and do everything I did before. 
    I work full time, which was a struggle to start with. 9 months post diagnosis I ran a 10k event, and have remained just as active since.

We are all different as is cancer. I hope your sister is as fortunate with side effects as I have been. X 

• Hi,

I’m also stage Iv to bones.  3 1/2 years into my diagnosis and feel well.  There are lots of treatment options available without awful side affects.  I regularly forget I’ve got cancer.  

• Maybe look at charities like cancer active, yes to life and Penny Brohn for hope. There are also some great stage 4 thrived stories on the secondary breast cancer thread.