Positive secondary breast cancer stories

• 386 replies
  • 81 subscribers

I don't visit this site much at the moment because I found that I was getting sucked into the bad news stories and it was making me feel very low. Anyway, as an alternative, I thought I would start a thread for positive secondary BC stories as I'm pretty sure we would all welcome them! Please feel free to add your own so that we can build a library to remind us of positivity when we are feeling that our bodies are against us! Positive stories only please. My first one is below the emojis. 

Point down

PrayBlushhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lsDvhE1o69U

• More positive stories for secondary BC: mbcn.org/.../

noswad1
    Where there's hope, there's life!
  • This is such a good idea noswad1 - I would welcome very much people positive stories - it does not even need to be a link (I am a technophobe) but if can all share some positivity then I think that would be a really good thing.

I will ask my partner how to attach a link so we can all share what I think will give us all a lift

Thank you for starting this lets hope other members join in because there has to be a lot of positives out there x

• Kissing heartKissing smiling eyesKissing closed eyes , thank you for your support! Come on guys, post your positive stories.

Blush

noswad1
  • Hello all

Surely amongst all the *&^% there must be some positive stories.

Whilst I have found this site to be helpful and friendly, wouldn't it be great to share positivity. It does not even have to be a link to a site how about sharing your good day to give us all a lift.

Mine, although recently diagnosed (April 2019), I have recently has results of my first 3 month scan and the results came back that there was not spread and a sign of healing top part of my spine.

that's better news than I thought so go me.....

• Hi, KTAtHome's just started a thread about three good things. This would fit in with what u say x

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • Hi, KTAtHome's just started a thread about three good things. This would fit in with what u say x

Action for happiness - 3 good things 

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • Oops!

• [deleted]
    noswad1
  • And another 10-yr success story sent to me by

www.bbc.co.uk/.../stories-46785690

noswad1
  • Hi Buttercup01

Thanks for the response the thread, I think its a great idea regarding the three good things we all need a lift and sometimes forget to be grateful for the little things we take for granted.

I will take a look at the link.  I think also what Nowsad1 was trying to achieve is that, although we have been given a prognosis of 'incurable', it is also a lift to read positive stories not only about research, but about those still living with diagnosis despite prognosis.

I wonder if we can do both at the same time, put your good things and If you happen to come across a good story you have found or want to share include that too.  Double delight I would say.