Palbociclib and letrozole combo

• 5 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi all

i have been taking letrozole and palbociclib for just over 2 years now and am still tolerating this fairly well. 

I was just wondering what sort of long term success others are having on this combo. Anyone out there on 3+ years and counting? (My mets are lung and widespread bone)

thanks x

• I am only on cycle 4, so nice to hear that you are two years on and doing well. I hope some have been on it for years and years...

• Hi me too, I only on my 3rd cycle, I am waiting to start my 4th cycle but keep having to delay because of low neutrofils. But so good to hear that you are 2 years in and still keeping well. Thank you for sharing that. 

I hope someone replies who has been on it longer than 2 years or gone onto another medication that they are still doing well on.

I have mets in my liver.

Xx

• Thank you for posting this. I started Palbociclib and letrozole 7 days ago. 
    So far so good. 
    2 years in treatment and doing well is amazing. 

• I'm on cycle 8 mets are in bones only.

I have read some reports of people living 10 yrs and counting. The not knowing is so hard but I think gets easier. The first 2 months was just a blur of shock denial anger despair and a host of emotions. Day at a time and sometimes a minute at a time. Get good pain management and go for it. I'm doing well but always there are new challenges. At the moment my skin on my face is so dry and sore and itchy red blotchy with dry eyes..it's driving me nuts. Any advice?

• B12 is important for white cell growth. Not sure it's helping me but I take it daily and squeak by with neuts at 1.04...