Lump not yet found but need to plan treatment!

• 1 reply
  • 271 subscribers

I have a strange situation in that I have 3 malignant oestrogen positive lymph nodes in my armpit. I’ve been told this is from a primary breast cancer. They couldn’t find the cancer on two types of mammogram and I’m now waiting for an MRI. Until they find it i can’t have a treatment plan. My consultant is speaking to me this afternoon to discuss my thoughts on the options. I think he is wanting to get a surgery date asap but I need to look at all the options without knowing what’s in there. He has spoken about lumpectomy, mastectomy and even double mastectomy as my sister and aunt both had BC. He also wants to know my feelings on reconstruction but said radiotherapy makes this complicated.  I feel like I’m trapped in a whirlwind of emotions and on top of this I have had to stop my HRT and my self employed partner is putting his work and himself first. Our beloved dog had to be put to sleep on Sunday as she had cancer as well! I just want to press pause as it’s all too much! Has anyone else had a diagnosis without a lump? 

• Hi there, I haven't come across this myself before, but I just noticed your post has slipped off the first page as it's busy and no one had replied yet.   It sounds like you have a lot going on but I hope the meeting with the consultant gave you a bit of clarity.  The lovely team at Macmillan are always at the end of the phone to chat things through and you can call them on 0800 808 0000.

Also so sorry to hear about your dog.  They are family and I can only imagine how this adds to your emotional stress levels right now. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge