Surgery first

• 7 replies
  • 266 subscribers

I had surgery first and am now waiting for a date for chemo to start.  I have triple negative breast that hasn’t spread to lymph nodes.  I was told by one oncologist that I would have one session every three weeks for 12 weeks.  Then another oncologist said that I would need a further 12 weeks of one session a week.  Has anyone else had experience of this?  Thanks 

• Hi  

I was diagnosed with TNBC in March 2022 and had a lumpectomy followed by chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

My chemotherapy was 3 doses of EC once every 3 weeks followed by 12 weekly doses of paclitaxel.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi.  I’m a fit and health 79 year old and they have said that if I tolerate the first lot of chemo they will give me the next lot so fingers crossed I will be ok.  It’s very scary isn’t it ?  

• Those are the treatments I will have. Thank you for replying. 

• Everyone is different but I didn't have any major side effects on EC, other than losing my hair. For the first 10 days of each cycle I'd feel a bit under the weather but then the remainder of the cycle I'd feel fine.

I did lose my sense of taste but found if I ate spicy food that I could taste it. Oh, and pineapple juice always tasted like pineapple.

On paclitaxel I had no side effects at all and my hair started to grow back towards the end of the treatment.

I hope you find it doable too.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much that’s very reassuring to know.  Really appreciate hearing from you. 

• No problem. Just fire away if you want to ask me anything else ...... although I am off to bed now Sleeping 

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks.  I’m off too . Sleeping