Kadcyla anyone?

• 7 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hi

My oncologist is considering changing me from Phesgo to Kadcyla as she has told me trials show better results. I have been asked to think about it but was wondering if it makes your hair fall out (can't bear going through that again) or gives you taste changes?

Does anyone have any experience of Kadcyla? I had my latest Phesgo injection today and it was fine as it usually is.

Thanks x

• Hi Blueskythinking welcome to the forum, I  dont know enough about the drug to which you refer but feel certain some of the others on here will. They will be along soon to maybe offer some words of advice for you re this. xxx

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Blueskythinking, I am currently on phesgo and due to have surgery at the beginning of October. I have been told that depending on pathology results, I may either stay on phesgo or change to Kadcyla. Not really sure why this would be, so I too would be interested in others experiences. If you decide to change over, please post and share how you get on. Xx

• Yes I will do Daisy24. I am due to meet with my oncologist on 23rd October so it will be a while. I'll post when I know. Good luck with your surgery.

• Thank you, will let you know if they change me over and how it goes. Xx

• Hello!

I am currently taking Kadcyla, get my fourth infusion of 14 this Monday

My hair has been growing back nicely!

I have not exerienced any big side effects, a bit of GI indegestion, burping about a week after infusion and then lets up afte a couple of days.

It is concerning that my AST and ALT liver enzymes have been trending up, will talk with oncologist agout this soon.

Phesgo was replace with Kadcyla because there was still evidence of disease in my breast tissue that was removed forr double mastectomy.  I am cancer free but the removed tissue had risidual disease after my neoadjuvent chemotherapy.

I am tripple positive.

Hope this helps

• Hi,

I'm currently on Kadcycla just had cycle 6 of 14.  I was ok with only a few side effects such as fatigue aching muscles,  bone aches but other then that seemed Ok but on cycle 5 I had my Zometa with it and was horrendously ill day after, sick, high temp ,which I'm sure is a reaction to Zometa. But after this cycle 6 I was poorly again, not sick just bad fatigue  really achey and just generally feeling unwell and have come out in spots on my face.  I haven't experienced any hair loss with it at all.  I feel for me I'm feeling worse each time I have it but everyone is different and most people are fine on this chemo my nurses told me.  I am sure you will be fine and the chemo nurses are so lovely and helpful so if you have any concerns with side effects speak to them straight away and they can help.  Good luck x

• Hi Bevo, so good to hear that you are now cancer free. I too am triple positive and have been on phesgo for a few months. I am due to have a mastectomy with reconstruction at the beginning of October. I was told I'll either stay on phesgo, or change to Kadcyla depending on the pathology results. Will have to wait and see. Did you need radiotherapy too?

Xx