Allergic Reaction to paxaital,how did you find EC

• 2 replies
  • 266 subscribers

Hi,

1. I had an allergic reaction to paxaital on first infusion.Was then changed to abraxane ,which thankfully has been fine.I have 2 more weekly abraxane left to complete my 4 cycles of this.I will then move onto 4 3 weekly cycles of EC.Im just really apprehensive  I wanted to ask if anyone who has experienced an allergic reaction to paxaital on moved onto abraxane has then had EC with no allergic reaction.Thank you for any information for this x
  • Hi  

I didn't have an allergic reaction to paclitaxel but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could update your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, Buds,                                                I had EC first for 3 weekly cycles and then paclitaxel weekly for 9 cycles. I reacted to the EC on the 2nd dose (visual disturbance, nausea, burning sensation etc) and didn't have the full 3 doses as a result. I found paclitaxel more tolerable although I did have some loss of appetite, blurred vision, heavy hot flushes, and by the end of the 9th session I was exhausted. I was dreading having nausea/vomiting, but the medications in the chemo unit and at home really helped and I only experienced nausea a couple of times and the anti emetic tablets helped with that. I had peripheral neuropathy in my hands and feet, which is a known side effect of paclitaxel,  but thank goodness it's hardly noticeable now. I had heard so many horror stories about chemo that I was very anxious beforehand, but it was very manageable - fatigue was worse than I anticipated but it's getting better. I finished chemo 3 months ago and am rebuilding my stamina, mentally and physically. You will work through this a day at atime  even though it seems impossible right now. I was sick to death of platitudes like, " you'll get through this", and  "you're a warrior". I am most definitely not a warrior but I did get through it, and you will too. I wish you the very best for your chemo and I'll  be praying for you and everyone on this forum. God bless