Delayed side effects

• 1 reply
  • 271 subscribers

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone had experience of delayed side effects from treatment. I finished chemo (3 x cycles of Epirubicin and Cyclophosphamide and 3 x cycles of Docetaxel) on 24th June and whilst I had some nausea, tiredness and joint pain it was all manageable and I think I coped with the treatment pretty well. However, over the past few days I've felt very tired and have bad pain in my hips making it hard to walk. I've also completely lost my appetite. I'm taking pain killers for the pain but it's only taking the edge off. Its like my body knows the kids have finished school / most of their activities so I don't have to rush around as much. I'm due to start radiotherapy in a couple of weeks so hoping whatever this is passes before it starts. Thanks

• Hi  

I didn't have any delayed side effects between chemo ending and radiotherapy starting. Have you mentioned this to your BCNS?

Although I haven't had the same as you, I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Wishing you all the best with your radiotherapy, which I found the easiest out of surgery, chemo and radiotherapy.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"