Zoldronic acid infusion

• 3 replies
  • 264 subscribers

Hi I have had one bone density infusion I was told to make sure teeth were Upto scarch before which they were three months later got pain on a tooth went to dentist said best thing would be to take out I'm on antibiotics. I was told that the infusions can cause jaw problems but didn't know that if ever had to have a tooth out it could still happen if years later? What do you do anyone else know about this?

• Hi,  I had a wisdom tooth extracted despite being on bone infusions, I did speak to my oncologist, but we ultimately decided that this had to be done. My dentist knew all about the risks of being on the cancer treatment, he and I discussed the pre and cons and he took extra care and out a small stitch in to reduce the risk of infection and help me heal more quickly. My blog post about the experience is here Blog link  Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Hi, thing is the jaw problem can happen years after ? 
  • Hi  story on profile if you want to read 

I was on 6 monthly infusion for 3 yr ( 7 in total ) .yes there are risks but speak to your dentist and oncologist I personally decided I wanted to protect bones .

I was told by my team delay treatment until 6 month after last infusion then delay 6 weeks after . I had lost deep filling .

One step at a time and ...Breathe !
    xoxox
    Margaret