Post lumpectomy bras- how long/ how many

• 7 replies
  • 260 subscribers

Hi

wondering if anyone can advise me on bras. Think I’ve under clubbed it slightly! Only bought one front fastening, then was thinking sports bra or crop tops. I’m pretty small boobed. Nurse just suggested I’d need to be in compression bras for 6 weeks?? Help?!

1. I bought 2 post surgery bras from M & S. I was told to wear it at night for support. I did but unfastened it. I subsequently bought 2 more  in a post surgery shop for exercise. I dance and the movement was painful. I had a wide excision lumpectomy and full node clearance. X
    2. The bruising and swelling did take a good 6 wks to settle. 
  • I had 2 M&S front fasteners. I wore at night too.

I had a physio check up 4 weeks post op and she said it's better to wear sports bras after a few days, as they give you more support and compression. I have quite large boobs though! I

still had a bit of swelling 8 weeks after op .

The arm exercises help to get the lymph fluid moving , as well as mobility . 

• Hello,  I had lumpectomy and am small breasted 34A so did not need all that support and compression.  I wore a bra if I wanted to and had crop tops to go out. My surgeon or nurses never recommended any compression bras so I was fine.  I live in Florida so protocol may be different especially when small breasted.  Do whatever your nurses recommend as maybe you had more tissue removed too.  All sorts of differences.  Take care. I go without a bra at home and whenever I can as never a big fan of bras anyway.  

Barbara 

• I bought the M&S one and absolutely it has been the best thing ever, think it was £24, it’s so comfortable I’m able to stay in it day and night. However I did feel that after the first week and a half after swelling went down that when travelling and walking around that I could do with being strapped down a bit more so bought one off Amazon that has adjustable Velcro straps and rib cage area. Has been phenomenal. I just underwent second op and again I’m back in my M&S one as it covers my lumpectomy and lymph removal entry. When swelling goes down or once I’m more mobile I’ll go back to the Amazon one. I’ll try to post the link but unsure if that’s allowed. Good luck and I hope you find one as I had a whopping 27 delivered from different places over the past 3 weeks but just felt others were promising miracles they couldn’t deliver. I’m a 34C if that helps

CLOUSPO Women Sports Bra Front... www.amazon.co.uk/.../B09QS5G3PP

• Me too! What size did you go for??thankyou!!

• M&S I went for

Body SoftTm Recovery Post Surgery Bra A-H
    Colour: ROSE QUARTZ
    Size: 34 C
    Qty: 1
    Price: £24.00

Amazon one I went for Large, got that in the black and khaki green. 

They’re both really good and keep a nice shape to the bust area despite being wireless which I love, as that’s almost unheard of. All of the other almost 30 I got from numerous places were not very flattering, or horrid material and offered zero support where I just drooped/hung or squashed me flat as a pancake. Both options are fully returnable which is good incase you don’t like them but I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Compression without suffocation, what’s not to love. Good luck and I hope they work for you

• Also with my M&S one they have access to add pads etc if needed which I did do as I like to hide my nipples when wearing T-shirt etc haha. I just robbed them out of one of my regular bras to give me even more compression and comfort when I felt I needed it and that way I could remove them easily enough too although I never did. The Amazon ones came with pads already in them.