New hair growth and hair dyes

• 4 replies
  • 266 subscribers

Hi all,

I finished my 6 rounds of chemo just over a month ago and am now having maintenance therapy (Phesgo and Zometa) for the next year or so.

My hair has just started to grow back but is very grey (I have dyed it for the last few years so didn't know how grey it would actually be!!) My question is as I am not ready for this to happen is there a hair colouring I can safely use while my new hair is coming through? I believe I can't use strong hair dyes for the next 6 months?

Thanks in advance and have a happy day xx 

• You might find that your hair returns to it's natural colour. I had dark brown hair before I lost it and it grew back grey. However, it's now back to it's pre- chemo colour.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi latchbrook,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately I think the colour it is now growing back is probably its natural colour but I would like to dye it brown and was wondering if there are any products out there that are safe to my hair to use at this stage.

• I don't dye my hair so can't help with what dyes are suitable I'm afraid.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi 

I gave my hair 6 months of growth and then used a semi permanent for a couple of times x