Dry mouth problems during chemotherapy

• 4 replies
  • 252 subscribers

Hello I have had constant dry mouth problems during EC and now Paclitaxel . Does anyone have suggestions for treatments that have helped you please

thank you 

• XyliMelts. They are a little round disc that sticks to your gum and slowly melts, keeping your mouth feeling  moist.  I got them online from a dental company, not for same reason as you but my mouth sometimes feels like cardboard so dry.

Good luck x

• Thanks so much I will look online. I find it difficult to eat certain foods and textures. I’ve managed ok despite this for almost 4 months but it seems to be getting worse. I will raise it with the chemo nurses at the pre chemo clinic. I was also told prior to BC that I probably have Sjogrens , my eyes are affected too. Chemo hones in on the bodies problem areas I guess. Not helped by getting oral shingles after the first EC. Perhaps the legacy of that has had an effect. Thanks again for your reply. I hope all is going well with you.

• Use xylimelts too as have dry mouth at night from Anastrazole.  Feels like cotton mouth if I don’t use them.  They work pretty well.  
    Hope it helps you too and take care during chemo.

Barbara 

• Many thanks for this. Chemo yesterday so still awake from steroids !!