Couldn't recieve chemo today concerned

• 5 replies
  • 249 subscribers

Hi there, I have Tripple x breast Cancer, diagnosed in Jan 24. Today I turned up for my regular weekly chemo and was put on delay due to very sore ( previouslyswolen earlier in week(, itchy hands. I REALLY concerned that missing today's chemo will affect my outcome Confused. Has anyone else had to miss/delay/skip? X 

• Hi  

I had to miss one cycle because I'd had a tooth removed. It was tacked on to the end so I still had the same number of cycles, the treatment just finished a week later.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi there, thank you for this.X 

• Hi 

I had mine delayed twice because my bloods were too low / high .Its  not too uncommon for this to happen , chemo can be delayed for various reasons and most often we still get the same number of cycles ( unless you get very severe side effects for example ) 

hugs xx

• Hi,

I had 1 dose delayed for 7 days after being admitted to hospital with low white cells and a temp due to a tooth abcess. The rest of chemo went ahead without further delays or infection issues.

Hoping the rest of your chemo goes well.

• Daughter had two chemos delayed by a week, one for a non-cancer but urgent surgery, the other when she had covid. They were added on at the end and she was assured it would make no difference. I'm sure you will be the same.