Post surgery bras

• 8 replies
  • 250 subscribers

I have a single mastectomy booked this Friday with lymph node removal. Does anyone have any recommendations for post surgery bras? 

• Hi, I had a single mastectomy and was given a bra to wear from hospital for a few weeks and then I bought George at Asda post surgery comfort bras after seeing May recommendations on here and they were very good and cheap. I’ve since bought a fair few more of them in different colours and continue to wear them 3 months on from my surgery. I’d say those would be fine …I had reconstruction straight away though x

• Unfortunately I can’t have reconstruction for a while so need some bras that will last a while 

• Hi there. I had a single mastectomy and full lymph node removal, but I did have a reconstruction at the same time. As I had a prevenor dressing for 16 days and small breasts so I didn’t bother with a bra while the dressing was fitted. I bought and wear a masectomy bra from m and s which fastens at the front. It works well and is comfortable enough to sleep in when needed. I know they have bras in the range for those who are flat. Suggest having a look there. Good luck.

• I would recommend trying marks and spencer. I was pleasantly surprised at their range and some were very pretty. 

They also honour the no vat on post surgery bras so brings the cost down a bit but you so have to full out a small form to get this. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery 

• I’ve just ordered some from there so I hope they fit ok. I’ll feel better once I can wear a bra as seeing how i look now being lopsided with clothes on doesn’t look nice as it’s a constant reminder 

• I bought mine from the cancer research UK online shop.  They are a bit pricey but you don't pay VAT.

• Hi, I certainly identify with this. I'm 9days post mastectomy and I'm on the hunt for a comfortable bra. No luck yet. However, I did pick up a soft zip front one in Sainsbury's. I think it'll be good in a bigger size, very soft and has pockets, where my softie sits. 

I have some from M and S but they aren't comfortable.  I suspect it's because I bought my usual size which doesn't take account of swelling.

I hope your M n S ones work out OK.

Shaka

• I hope so too. Haven’t tried them on yet due to the drains and can’t fasten them on the back because my arms still stiff