Aching breast during chemo

• 4 replies
  • 247 subscribers

I started chemo and immunotherapy last week and am worrying about breast pain and tenderness since then - not as congested as it was better chemo but achy. Is this typical?   

• Well! I did have this in my affected breast, only in the first two chemo sessions, I was told it was unlikely the chemo but I thought it was, I had chemo pre surgery so I think it was the chemo working on my cancer, which it did, I had a good response. Mine was an ache, borderline sore. All the best of luck x

• I had this too and like Anna12345 I was also told it was unlikely to be due to chemo! I had surgery prior to chemo... but the ache was different during chemo so I do think this was probably the chemo targeting the area it needed to! x

• Thank you - great to know that others have experienced the same and it’s not necessarily bad. Just paranoid about every little ache and pain at the moment in this first cycle. 

• Hi Miss Quick

I had on & off stabbing pains in the area I’d had surgery in the breast not long after I got home from having first EC chemo. Just presumed it was the chemo doing its job. It only lasted for the first 24hrs so I’m interested to see if I get it with next cycle.