Kadcyla and Zometa infusion, first one

• 4 replies
  • 268 subscribers

I have just had my treatment changed from phesgo injections 3 weekly to Kadcyla infusions for 14 weeks with the addition of a zometa infusion for 3 years. 
Can I have some feedback on what to expect, my first one is scheduled for Thursday, which will be Kadcyla and Zometa at the same time. 
I had asked to speak to the oncologist to discuss side effects etc but with Easter and the swiftness of the appointment, this isn’t possible. 
Thank you 

• Why are they stopping phesgo

kind regards

• I presume it’s a better treatment, I was informed after surgery that it was discussed at a MDT meeting, and that the pathology suggests it will have a better outcome. I was hoping to discuss it further with the oncologist, but I doubt there will be time before Thursday 

• I was switched from Phesgo to Kadcyla, didn’t notice any difference in side effects, sailed through treatment. I don’t know what zometa is but I had 2 zoledronic acid infusions at the same time. Finished treatment 1 December 2023, just 2 more zoledronic acid treatments to go, I have these 6 monthly.  Hope all goes well for you too. Xx

• Thank you Mimosa, that’s really good to hear, I feel better about tomorrow now. 
    I’m glad to hear it went so well for you too

xx