Had first lot of chemo on Tuesday … help please.

• 3 replies
  • 266 subscribers

I started my chemo journey on Tuesday (4 days ago) 1st day felt a little tired, 2nd day ok until later on when I started to get some upper leg pain/aches, 3rd day leg pain continued then with tummy pain and discomfort, today legs are not as bad, tummy still a bit iffy but I now feel a little light headed and generally groggy with cold feet.. can anyone relate to this? 

• Hi Mumof3

I am sorry to hear you are feeling light headed and groggy after your chemo.

I did feel similar to you during my first chemo cycle (for a different cancer) 

I think the best thing is to give your hospital a quick call- they normally give you a 24 hour number. They will then be able to assess you over the phone and hopefully offer some reassurance. Have you taken your temperature? During my chemo I developed an infection and one of the first signs was just feeling out of sorts and cold hands and feet.

Are you able to eat and drink ok as this can also make you feel out of sorts with chemo. I know I did. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Oh thank you so much for commenting Jane, I’ve just actually come off the phone from the out of hours line. Been advised to take some paracetamol and the anti sickness tablets so hopefully they should help out a bit.
    No I haven’t actually felt like eating today but don’t feel sick either. It’s all the not knowing, sitting within your own thoughts just almost waiting for the next unusual feeling/pain to appear…scary..  I really don’t like it. 

Thanks again, I hope you’re ok x 

• I remember it well, especially with the first cycle- it does feel a bit easier with the next cycle as you know more how it will affect you. I rang several times and they never minded- a lot of the time it was just reassurance that it was a normal thing to happen.

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm