Docetaxel, Trastuzumab and Pertuzumab (DTP) Effects

• 2 replies
  • 265 subscribers

Hi there,

I had 4 rounds of EC (Nov to Feb) and I'm now on Immunotherapy with the DTP combo which began in March. I just had my 2nd of immunotherapy and the effects are knocking me off:

1) generally weak

2) legs are very weak

3) hair thinning and falling off fast 

4) extreme loss of appetite 

5) no mouth sores but bitterness in mouth such that every meal gives a very biter taste

6) nausea, vomiting and stooling

Anyone experiencing these with the DTP combo for immunotherapy? How did you pull through?

Thanks Engee

• Hi Engee

Sorry to hear that you are suffering from side effects after your 2nd immunotherapy treatment.  It might be a good idea to contract your chemo unit and explain the symptoms you are experiencing as they'll be able to prescribe you some stronger anti-sickness meds.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi, it's a rough combination and impacts some people more than others. I agree with Daisy, I'd have a chat with the medical team to help them assess if they need to make any changes.  It helps to keep a diary of side effects (you might already be doing this) so that you can see if there's any pattern and also how long they are lasting.  

I personally found that keeping focussed helped me and I worked through chemo. There were for sure days when I did very little. But it gave me a reason to get up each day and it distracted me from some side effects. I worked from home, it was very flexible and it helped.   Best wishes 

Community Champion badge