keynote 522 second phase

• 2 replies
  • 265 subscribers

hi- i am diagnosed with triple  negative breast cancer and just finished 1st phase of  keynote 522 chemo. after the second treatment the tumor began to shrink and after the 5th round the tumor had completely disappeared. I'm wondering if anyone has been trough this treatment as i am considering not continuing with phase 2 and continuing on to my planned mastectomy. the only thing I'm told  when i question this to dr's or nurses,  is they are  following guidelines, but not one person is alike and all cancers are not the same and a guideline is simply that.... a guideline. any information  is greatly appreciated!

• Hi Michelle, I have triple negative breast cancer & am 10 weeks into weekly chemo sessions. The lump has shrunk but not completely gone yet. The plan was to have a lumpectomy but I've not long found out I'm BRCA1 possitive so now have to have a double mastectomy. Did you have the geane test done to see if you are BRCA positive or negative? I'm asking because it will help to know & determine the course you take with your next step of treatment. Big hugs

• hello - i have PALB-2 gene. so what im looking to do is go ahead with the double mastectomy and if needed then go ahead with the last phase of keynote 522. i had another contrast mri and the tumor is completely gone! this happened around treatment 5 and i did do all 12 treatments.some may say well you only have 4 left to go but my body has been through the ringer,