Treatment

• 6 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hi, can any one help , I had my results 4 weeks ago for breast cancer,  but still not heard anything about my treatment,  radio therapy and medication, , how long have you had to wait before treatment begins ? This waiting is awful,  

• Hi Trigsgirl

Do you have an appointment lined up to discuss your treatment plan? I had mine quite quickly. If you haven’t heard anything I’d give your BCN a call to find out what timescale to expect. The waiting is awful I know so do call them to at least get a date in the diary. Good luck x

• Hi thanks,  I haven't got an appointment to discuss anything,  just nurse telling me when i got my results I will need radiotherapy and medication,  but no further contact, will ring her tomorrow x

• Hi BethS, thanks for replying,  I have not had an appointment,  my BCN told me when I got my results that I would have radiotherapy and medication,  but not heard anything since, x

• Hi  , waiting is tortuous, that’s for sure. I’m not sure if you’ve had surgery? In my case (but it was 5 years ago), I had my op 3 weeks after my biopsy results, then waited 6 weeks for an oncology appointment. At the oncology appointment I signed up for radiotherapy and was also given my first prescription for hormone treatment (I’m on Anastrozole). Then I waited for a radiotherapy planning CT, and started rads 2 weeks after that. So a gap of 10 weeks between surgery and rads. The waiting did seem endless! I’d consider phoning the breast clinic to follow up, it’s so horrible being in limbo. Love and hugs, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Thanks,  I had my surgery 8th Feb, it is torture waiting for treatment,   hopefully will hear soon, xx

• Hi Trigsgirl,

I was diagnosed on the 19th Dec 2023 & had an app with my Ocologist quite quickly. Then starred treatment on the 2nd Jan 2024. So as the others have said I would contact your BCN as I know the waiting is turtourous. Best wishes & big hugs Xx