Letrozole side effects

• 5 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hi,

I started Letrozole in January and am now experiencing Menopause 2 beyond thunderdome.

I have some of the listed side effects but not too bad, but is seems to be bone twinges rather than aching joints…..anyone else?

Also bonus positive side effect, now only have to wash my twice a week instead of every other day, is this unusual?

• Hi Robbann, I also experienced bone ache rather than joint aching. I commenced letrozole in August. I take 800u of vit D daily and the bone ache has improved since starting it, although it has taken a few months. 

1. Why are some offered Anastrazole and others Letrozole ?
      My surgeon has mentioned Anastrazole.for me . 
  • It’s an interesting question  , I’m on Anastrozole but a friend with almost identical breast cancer was prescribed letrozole. Same hospital but a different oncologist. 

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • I’ll ask at my appointment on Wednesday Rolling eyes

• Hi Klf both those drugs Anastrozole and Letrozole are from the same group of Drugs called Aromatase Inhibitors to cut off Oestrogen.

In some ares of the UK Anastrozole is given and in many other areas Letrozole is prescribed and Im not sure why but it may be to do with cost and supply as you will be aware that people have posted on here many times re different brands and not being able to get the same brand twice.  My pharmacist told me when I asked about brands she said that they just have to take what brands they are sent  unfortunately.

Do ask thought as they may be better able to answer for you. xx

gail

Community Champion Badge