Tamoxifen and hot flushes

• 4 replies
  • 266 subscribers

Hi, I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years now. I've found a brand that suits me more than others but am still finding the hot flushes a nightmare.  Has anyone found or done anything to help with them? Thanks in advance.  

• Hi  

I'm not on this medication but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I'm sure it won't be long before forum members who have experience with this drug will be along to share their experiences of hot flushes with you.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Minnie2002, I am on tamoxifen and suffer with hot flushes. I tend to take my tablet at night to try and help so I have less during the day. I believe there is a drug that can help (Venlafaxine) but I don't know what the specific requirement is for being able to have this. There may be others. Its worth talking with your medical team as they should be able to advise.

Wishing you all the best

Hugs from cuffcake x x x x x

• Ah, thank you LatchbrookGrinning

• Thanks Cuffcake - I'll mention that when I go for my next review. It's useful to have a name of a drug. Take care.