Anastrozole

• 2 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hello

Has anyone else on Anastrozole suddenly got very dry feet? I've now got almost like a corn which is very painful to walk on but I've never had anything like that before. I've been on Anastrozole for 6 weeks now and this has appeared almost overnight? Is it just bad luck or the drugs???

• Hi  , I’m on Anastrozole and feel that my whole body is drier! My assumption is that the oestrogen depletion (which is welcome of course) is like being older than our years, and skin does naturally get drier as we age. A friend from a cancer rehab exercise class was actually told by her oncologist, when she mentioned some side effects (she’s also on Anastrozole), that she would likely feel 10 years older while she was on them! I’ve found that sort of comforting because I do in many ways feel a lot older than my modest 64 years! But because I love walking and am trying to counteract the bone thinning aspects, especially as I already have osteopenia, I believe I’m considerably fitter than I was pre diagnosis. Helps of course that I’ve been able to retire. 
    Re your feet, I do look after mine by moisturising them regularly and I go to a podiatrist for 'maintenance’ several times per year. I look on it the same way as the dental hygienist - I need to be able to eat well and walk, so I pay to maintain my teeth and feet. As I no longer drink, hopefully that covers some of the expense! I really would recommend a visit to a podiatrist if it’s affordable as I feel like I’m walking on air afterwards. Love and hugs, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Agree totally about being drier from almost no estrogen.  My mouth at night is like cotton mouth so I use some xyli melts.  I moisturize my body all the time and keep my feet in great condition by using kerasal intensive foot repair about once a week.  Has urea in it so takes care of any rough calluses and feet feel so good.  Put it on and then a pair of white cotton socks and in the morning nice snd smooth.  If my feet need just a little TLC petroleum jelly and socks does the trick.  Here is a picture of the kerasal.  I hope picture goes through.  I live in US and hope you have it where you are.  
    I am retired too and keep really active as seems to help joint and muscle issues and keeps me on a more even keel.  Hydration too.  Lots of work to try and keep ahead of these hormone blockers!!

Barbara