Recently diagnosed

• 1 reply
  • 266 subscribers

HHi I had my appointment today and unfortunately it looks like I will be having an mastectomy.  TBeforehand I will be having a ct scan probably next week or the week after to make sure it hasn't spread anyway else apart from the armpits and to know what stage and grade the cancer is.  I recorded the conversation and hubby was there as I couldn't take it all in. I had a lovely nurse who wil be there etc. And has given me some literature to read.
Just getting my head around things at the mo 

• Hi Jackiewackie10 welcome to the forum. Thats a lot of information to take in so no surprise that you couldnt,  I think we are all the same. What a sensible idea though to record the meeting and good that they were ok with you doing  that as well, some of the clinics are funny about being recorded. It makes it easier for you though when you are ready and in a more alert frame of mind to be able to listen to all that was said and what the plan is. We are here whenever you need us to be so take your time and let us know how you are doing.  Sending some huge big hugs your way for now. x 

gail

Community Champion Badge