Losing nipple

• 3 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hello all me again. I hope you dont mind but im full of questions and experiences this week. I'm having a lumpectomy in two weeks, and I now know I'm losing my nipple. I was just wandering if this is any different from a normal lumpectomy and how more painful and different looking it would be as to a normal side lumpectomy. Thankyou all xxx 

1. Hello Sarah Jane. I've had a lumpectomy in October last year I also lost my nipple I had no problems with it after the operation its healed perfectly. I had no pain at all. Just finished my radiotherapy.  All has gone well. Good luck Claire xxx
  • Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply. Hope you are well xxx

• Hi

i had a lumpectomy on the 31st of March last year. 8/8 ER 8/8 PR HER negative WLE and SLNB. I declined a flap, I am 56 it wasn’t important to me. It healed beautifully and dressings were removed 10 days after. Unfortunately it was found in the node they removed and i returned for full node clearance. Thankfully 14 nodes all clear. That scar has been sore. I finished 5 days of radiotherapy just before Christmas, oncologist explained there was only a 2% benefit for chemotherapy, I declined and my onco type test came back as 6! Letzoral for the next 10 years and infusion on the 9/3. My shape doesn’t accommodate a nipple so have opted for a flower tattoo 6 months after treatment with the fabulous Lucy Thompson x