Vertigo? abemaciclib + letrozole + zolodex

• 5 replies
  • 268 subscribers

Hi, has anyone else on this targeted therapy and hormone therapy experienced vertigo?  a week ago -  Day 10 of abemaciclib - i  started experiencing vertigo. Sent to a&e for tests, CT scan, and then saw oncologist who has given me a 2 week break from the drug and sent me for an MRI - (and now the worrying wait for results) I didn’t have any of the usual side effects from abemaciclib, and was feeling well before the vertigo. I started Letrozole and Zolodex in December, apart from menopausal symptoms and fatigue it’s been manageable, but am wondering if anyone else has experienced vertigo on any of these medications ? Thank you 

• Hi Newbud, I’m sorry your experiencing this symptom but I’m pleased your oncologist is investigating it to rule out any sinister causes. I’m also on Abemaciclib, and  although I wouldn’t describe my symptom as vertigo I do on a regular occurrence feel light headed as if I could faint. I hope  your scans come back soon and normal. Take care.

• Hi,

I'm on same combination.  Started Zoladex in Nov, Letrozole in Dec and I'm on cycle 2 of abemaciclib after starting that in Jan.

I haven't had any symptoms like that but my blood pressure is up & down - have you checked yours?  You could be dizzy if it's low.

• Thank you yes, blood pressure blood tests all normal - it’s definitely vertigo rather than dizziness, I’ve not been light headed - they test with eye movements I think 

• Hi, I’m only on Letrozole and had an episode of vertigo about 10 days in which lasted about 10 days and then sorted itself out. Felt really awful at the time and couldn’t make any sudden head movements all good now though. I hope they get you sorted out.

• Thank you! That’s really helpful to know, symptoms sound similar.. glad to hear you recovered well..