Lumpectomy

• 3 replies
  • 268 subscribers
  1. Hello all, so im now booked in for the first stage of my cancer treatment on 12th March for a lumpectomy and biopsies on my lymph nodes. I was also told most of my nipple will be gone. I was just after some advice really on what to expect and how you all coped before and after your operation. Is there anything you can suggest I may need to help with my recovery. I've read all the leaflets they have given me but I wanted to hear from people who have actually been though it themselves. Thanks Sarah xxx 
  • Hi Sarahjane and welcome to the forum. Feel free to have a look at my profile you might find some useful information there. Best wishes. 

• Thankyou Ruva  xxx

• Good, supportive bras are a must. The M&S post surgery recovery bras are good and not crazily expensive. Easy clothes, all need to be front fastening not over the head - shirts, etc. Also button front pyjamas. One of those heart shaped post surgery cushions is very comforting and makes you feel more comfortable and protected when sleeping. Best of luck.