Radiotherapy didn't happen?!!!

• 5 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced what I have this afternoon. 

I went to hospital all prepped for my first radiotherapy session. I was t particularly nervous, so I'm not sure what's happened. 

I've been sent home without any treatment!! They spent an hour trying to position me in the right place. Arms abi e my grad, I kept so very very still. Tried to stay relaxed etc. 

They took some images but said it wasn't quite right. They tried again a d said it still wasn't right.

Then, after al ist ab hour they suggested I go home and try again tomorrow as they just couldn't get me in exactly the right position! I could cry !! I hoped I'd have had my first session under my belt by now. 

Has this happened to anyone else please or am I just hard to position??

• Gosh Mumpsy, that's so disappointing for you.  They had trouble with me initially but they called on a senior guy who came and sorted me out and it got done after around 30 mins.  I hope the next time is more successful for you, you will be surprised how stressless it will be and the follow up sessions will be even better - big hug x

• Hi Mumpsy, sorry for your disappointing experience today. Try not to worry too much, they need to get it in the right position for it to work effectively. Once they have the correct position for you it will be locked into the system. 
    I underwent Radiotherapy many years ago. Subsequent treatments will sail through for you Hugging x

Alfie 24

• So once they do finally get me in the right position do you mean that I won't have to go through this moving millimetre by millimetre every day ?  It will just be good to go ?

• I had just my right breast treated. For me, they did some measurements on the day they did the tattoos. The first time I had RT, they positioned me just right using those initial guides. Once that is done - it is locked into their system. All my subsequent ones took around 10-15 mins from getting up on couch to getting off again to go home.  Don't be anxious, it will be ok x

• the first go is hardest, they kinda need to get it right, after is less faff it seems. but i had a couple of days where they were readjusting, hopefully someone more knowledgable tomorrow Fingers crossed