Breast cancer

• 1 reply
  • 267 subscribers

Hi,

I'm new to the group and was diagnosed with breast cancer in July 2023. I had 6 rounds of chemotherapy, followed by a mastectomy in December 2023.

My radiotherapy has been postponed 3 times as I have fluid under my scar (sarcoma?), The radiographers won't do my planning scan until this settles down, which it doesn't appear to be doing.  It has been drained once, but it came straight back and I've been told that it won't be drained again due to the risk of infection. I do understand that.

Has anyone else suffered from this, and if so, how long did this take to be re-absorbed into your body (if it did?)

Thanks in advance

• Hi, sorry to hear your seroma is cashing these delays for you, that's so frustrating.   I had a few weeks delay, my seroma seemed to settle (I never had it drained) and it was stable enough not to change which allowed me to have the radiotherapy.

If I were you I'd be asking what happens if the seroma persists and what the options are. Don't forget you can also give the lovely folks here at Macmillan a call to chat this though and get their advice. The number is 800 808 0000.  Best wishes 

Community Champion badge