Acid Reflux after treatment

• 5 replies
  • 268 subscribers

hello all

hoping someone can help, done the chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Started taking letrozole and abemaciclib December 2023, 2 months in, I did have a reduction in strength due to weight loss and fatigue now taking abermaciclib 100mg all settled down.  I have now started having acid reflux and a flare up on a hiatus hernia I have, I have been given omeprazole 20mg and referred to hospital to have a camera. Has anyone had this problem

• Hi, I have also had some acid reflux on Abemaciclib and letrozole. I commenced Abemaciclib in October, acid reflux started end of December but I had a weeks break for covid and reflux settled. This might just be coincidence but that is my experience. 

• Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. 

I on cycle 18 of Abemaciclib, 200mg a day. Acid reflux has started 4 months ago for me, although I have had problems with diarrhoea & bloating all along. I've started using gaviscon as well as diarrhoea tablets

Hope you feel better soon x

• Thank you for your reply 

• I am 8 weeks in on weekly Taxol and started having awful heartburn and reflux. I’m on omaprazole twice daily and Gaviscon. But the game changer for me was advice from a nurse that had been thro cancer too. She told me to swallow a little bit of Gelclair mouthwash or benzydamine 3 times a day. I was cynical but within 24 hours I was able to eat and drink again. Avoid caffeine and chocolate. I also started probiotic drinks. I am going for camera before I start EC, but in meantime I don’t need to sleep Sitting up. 

• Thanks shopaholic I will try  some gelclair,