Filgrastim issues

• 3 replies
  • 268 subscribers

Hi,

Has anyone had issues with a change of brand of Filgrastim? I have found that I haven't bounced back as well on my last.2.cycles.as I did on the first 2 and wondered if the change in brand might have something to do with it.

I've just finished this 8 day course and admitted to hospital with neutropenic sepsis and just wondering if they are connected. I will ask the CNS or pharmacist tomorrow, but just wondered. I know it could just be cumulative effects from chemo. Not liking the idea that this means Tuesday's chemo is unlikely to happen.

TIA

• Hi there, I just noticed your post hasn't had any replies yet, as the site is quite busy.  My response will pop you back to the top and hopefully someone with the right experience will be along soon. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Hi, I wonder if it's more to do with the effect of chemo is cumulative, your bloods recover less effectively and quickly as you have more cycles.

• Thank you both for your replies. I had put the lingering fatigue down to the cumulative effects of chemo, but it seems that I had a tooth abcess forming and didn't know it. Thankfully much better now. Frustrating that I will have the next cycle delayed, but I  know I need to recover properly.