Triple positive and scared

• 3 replies
  • 266 subscribers

I have been diagnosed with triple positive grade 2 in my right “fried egg”!  I had an mri and need a. Ct scan! What does a ct show that an mri hasn't? 

I know I'm having chemo, followed by a mastectomy then radiotherapy. 

Why can't they tell me the stage ( surgeon said they won't know until after surgery) , why not? 

I'm scared the ct scan will show it's somewhere else (mri not shoring my lymph nodes are affected ). Plus I haven't even  asked about the prognosis or success of the treatments. I'm 49 going on 21 and this is just a big nightmare I'm hsving … isn't it? 

• Hi Cancerbeglam, I to am triple positive and had surgery, chemo, radiotherapy, targeted treatment for the HER2 positive and hormone treatment because of the oestrogen positive. Whilst I can help on mri vs ct when I had my ct I had a special due added that would show up any areas of activity which would indicate possible cancer cells. This then helps to show if it has spread. At the time I had no spread. As I had surgery first I don’t know if it would have shown my cancer in my lymph nodes. As far as I understand they can’t stage your cancer until they have operated after they have removed sentinel and main lymph nodes (if they need too)  and completed all scans this then helps them to stage things. I had 10/14 nodes positive for cancer so I was staged at grade 3 stage 3 as there were so many. I have thrown everything at my cancer to give me the best possible chance of being cleared and to prevent reoccurrence. I had my first mammogram October last year and all was clear. If you click on my name you can read my journey and treatments. 
    Wishing you all the best

Hugs from cuffcake x x x x x

• I just read everything. Soooooo helpful. Thank you so much. So far the mri isn’t showing anything in the lymph but I’m still petrified about the ct scan.