Chemo with low blood & liver count

• 4 replies
  • 268 subscribers

Hi, I am 62 & have  just completed 3rd round of 12 weekly chemo treatments. My white blood cells & platelet count has fallen & also my liver function has also fallen. I am to have blood repeated & see my oncologist next Tuesday. I anm getting worried as to the effects this will have on my health & further treatment. Has anyone else had this happen this early on in their treatment, if so did it delay or stop further treatments. 
Thank you in anticipation. 
Xx

• Hi, it's so annoying when something comes up in the blood tests to delay chemo. My only suggestion is to keep talking to your oncologist and asking if there is anything you can do.  Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Thank you for your reply. I am trying to rest up & eat all the right things, so fingers crossed for next week. I will ask the oncologist if there is anything more I can do to help the blood & liver count. Hope you are keeping well.

kindest thoughts.

Tilly

• I had a low liver count after my first round, so they gave me a lower dose for my second chemo, the next time my count was ok again so I continued with the full dose.  My white & red blood count was low from about my 8th weekly chemo.  First I had extra filgrastim injections, (think that was to boost my white cells) then I missed my 9th chemo as my red cells were too low but they slightly improved so continued with treatment, eventually had a blood transfusion on the day of my final chemo. 

• Thank you for letting me know, I am getting so anxious as to what will happen if my levels continue to drop. I am pleased you managed to complete your chemo treatment & hope are recovering well.Pray