Bladder issues post treatment

• 1 reply
  • 266 subscribers

Have recently finished chemo (EC-T) for ER positive BC, grade 3, stage 1and now having radiotherapy before starting tamoxifen 

has anyone else experienced bladder weakness at this stage ? I’m struggling to get to the toilet in time sometimes and am waking usually 2 x per night to go for a wee which is exhausting !

not sure if it’s to do with reduced fitness/age/result of chemo or a combo of all three - anyone any experience of this and / or advice ? 

• HelloJoJo74. I had bladder problems during chemo. I completely lost my bladder content on a couple of occasions when I was out. This persisted after treatment finished and I was on Letrozole. I was referred to urology who gave me a thorough checking over. I was prescribed medication Mirabegron and also by gynaecology whom I was also referred to because of a prolapse and advised to do 30 minutes of pelvic floor exercises a day!  I am probably older than you, in my early 70s .  I was told that alcohol and caffeine would make things worse and I now drink decaff tea and coffee. But I have not had any accidents since. I am up 2-3 times a night though. Best of luck x