Migraine

• 26 replies
  • 250 subscribers

Hi All

I started my first EC chemo on 12th January and am due my 2nd cycle on 26th. I decided to cold cap but I have suffered from a migraine try headache for about a week. I spoke to my oncologist and he said it wasn’t related to either chemo or cold cap but I find this hard to believe as never really suffered from this type of headache.

What was everyone else experience. Where these headaches ‘normal’ wit or without cold cap. I plan to cold cap again but if others are experiences these headaches I might just give up

Thanks all xx

• Hi  

I had 3 cycles of EC without a cold cap and didn't get a migraine.

I hope it goes soon

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

•  Try taking paracetamol before cold capping.x

• I didn’t cold cap but I did get severe headaches and migraines from the filgastrim injections, started about day 6/7 of cycle. I reduced the number of injections from 7 to 5 and that helped, still had some headaches but more manageable, dies that sound like a possible cause? X

• FYI there is an alternative to filgastrim injections. I can't remember the name but I was given it by the district nurse after an allergic reaction to filgrastim injections. x

• One of the reasons I didn't cold cap was that I read that it could give people headaches and that it was likely to trigger a migraine if you already suffer from them. That seemed to be very easy-to-find info and the following article on Macmillan mentions headaches:

Scalp cooling | Macmillan Cancer Support

Hopefully you'll be OK next time and some good suggestions here on taking paracetamol beforehand. Good luck with it.

• Hi Lesbot,

im in the same dilemma, I had my first EC treatment on the 5th Jan and since then I have suffered horrendous headaches. It’s eased now but I’m due my next session tomorrow and I really don’t know if to try cold capping again or just leave it. I was due an oncologist app today where I was going to ask some questions but that’s now been cancelled. I just don’t know what to do, my hair has already started falling out anyway.

good luck in whatever you decide it’s such a tough choice xx 

• Thanks for the article 

• Hi Dizzy1

That’s annoying that you appt is cancelled as it would have been interesting to know what your oncologist said. Mine was lovely but couldn’t really give me an answer. I’m due next round tomorrow so will have to try again and see what happens but if I get it again I think my cold capping might stop on the next round xx

• I think I may do the same, I think it might be worth one more shot. Thanks for sharing your experience it’s gold to be able to talk to someone who’s going through the same as me. Please let me know how you get on and good luck Four leaf clover xx