Nasal issues

• 2 replies
  • 268 subscribers

I’m 7 weeks into 6 months chemotherapy and immunotherapy prior to a proposed mastectomy. Treatment will be weekly for first 3 months then tri-weekly. After about week 4 my a nostrils became dry and bloody scabs kept forming , no nosebleeds but lots of uncomfortable scabs to remove. It’s calmed down a bit now but I’ve seen rose and geranium oil recommended. Has anyone tried this and if so in what format? I can see spray oil for my pillow which I can see might help. Thanks 

• i was recommended a nasal gel when mine was very bad, it helped a lot,, boots has a nasal gel spray, but ask a pharmacist or drs.

its like had major runny nose but scabby inside, just putting the gel in helped stop it 

• Hi, I had some real nasal issues, like you described, but also my nose seemed to run continuously. I think it's because the nos hair drops out. Who knew nasal hair could be so important.  Anyway, I checked with my oncologist and she suggested taking an antihistamine to stop the runny nose and that did help, so might be worth asking about. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge