How quickly do tamoxifen side effects start ?

• 2 replies
  • 266 subscribers

Hi, how quickly can I expect the tamoxifen side effects like nausea and hot flashes to begin , just taken first dose last night.

• Hi Iman, I didn’t have any nausea at all. The hot flushes took a little while to appear it wasn’t instant I guess because it has to lower the oestrogen levels and doesn’t do that in a day. I’ve been on tamoxifen since May last year. I take it at night and have found that this helps as I have most of the hot flushes overnight. They come in waves. Can have a quick few seconds and some can be a bit longer. I normally wear layers so if I do get hot I can take a layer off. There are different manufactures of tamoxifen and I have found a couple that work well for me and some that don’t because of the fillers they use I seem to react too. As everyone is different it’s hard to say how long it will really take. You may like me find it’s only hot flushes and nothing else. Mine aren’t that bad and I don’t have sweats like some people can get. 
    Wishing you all the best

Hugs from cuffcake x x x x x

• Hi, the same here too, I take mine before bed and hot flushes only through the night. As Cupcake mentioned different manufacturers have different symptoms. The one I’m taking now is hot flushes as well but manageable, where other brands make the hot flushes a little worse. Nothing you can’t handle though x x x