Seroma and Radiotherapy

• 3 replies
  • 268 subscribers

Hi all,

Im starting 5 days of radiotherapy next week however I've developed a seroma and i;m not sure if this will be a problem . I had it  when I went for the initial appointment where they tattoo you and measure you up but I think it was smaller then . Because of the holidays and one thing or another I havent had it checked yet..It isnt painful and ive been so busy.I Im going to ring the hospital tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I really really dont want to delay the radiotherapy. Life  is so flippin compicated sometimes.

• I did not have this problem but I hope you got a response from the hospital.  Delaying RT is not a vey big issue except you have more time to think and we all know the waiting game is the worst - fingers crossed for you it can go ahead as planned xx

• Hi Cat_lover

I developed a seroma after my operation last September and when I asked my breast care nurse would that delay what was coming next for me and she said it wouldn’t.

Wishing you the best of luck with your radiotherapy and hopefully the seroma won’t delay things for you.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi, I had large Seroma after surgery that was drained twice.  When I saw the oncologist she delayed radiotherapy for a week to give it a bit more time to settle. The size and shape of the area should not change too much once the ct and measurements have been done as this could have an effect on the radiotherapy.  Hope this helps. X