Menopause supplements

• 3 replies
  • 266 subscribers

Hi

I have Oestrogen dependent breast cancer, have had to stop HRT, getting really bad hot flushes and night sweats, and am not sleeping well at the moment, been looking at natural supplements but I know a lot of them mimic oestrogen so are not safe with breast cancer, have been told not to take red clover or black coshh, not sure if Soy is ok, seeing my consultant on Wednesday but wondered if anyone could recommend something that works please.

Waiting to have surgery and to start treatment.

• Hi

Acupuncture really helped me with the hot flushes. I was lucky to have been able to have it at The Royal Marsden hospital. I had 6 sessions once a week and on the sixth was taught to self needle my feet and legs. I now do this weekly and I now am almost flush free. It’s worth asking if it is available at your hospital. I know some Maggie’s centres have group sessions.

• Hi I take tamoxifen and was having frequent hot flushes day and night. My GP prescribed venlafaxine which is OK to take if you are ER+. My hot flushes have reduced dramatically and I'm managing much better now. Your oncologist should also be able to help with this.